Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Deconstructing Dad


Stan Warnow, Scott's son, has been developing a documentary film about his father for a number of years. He sent this update:
Deconstructing Dad: The Music, Machines and Mystery of Raymond Scott (that's the film's new title) has been selected for showing at the Biografilm Festival, in Bologna, Italy. The film listing is here. In many ways this is the ideal festival for my film because it is a “celebration of lives,” and it’s always been my intent to showcase my father’s life as a whole, not just one of its many and varied phases. The festival runs June 10-15, and the film is scheduled for showing Friday, June 12. Coincidentally this year’s festival also celebrates the 40th anniversary of Woodstock, and as I was a cameraman and editor on that film, they’ve asked me to participate in their Woodstock events. If you're in the neighborhood, please drop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment